Follow me

makeup revolution highlighters highlight pt 1

2 comments
Hiya petals

Who doesn't love to look like a glowing angel?
So originally this post was going to be about all my favourite highlighters however I felt as though the blog post was too long so I decided to spilt this post into my favourite high end highlighters and drug store highlighters. So this post will be on the makeup revolution highlighters which I love.


Makeup Revolution highlighting powder palette- highlight rrp: £8.00

This highlight palette contains three shades, all suitable for a range of skin tones. Theres golden lights, peach lights and pink lights in a black palette with a big mirror which I find very useful. 

Now I have seen a lot of people say that this highlight palette is the perfect dupe for the hourglass infamous ambient lighting powders but I wouldn't be able to justify this because I do not own the hourglass lighting powders but I do believe for £8.00 this palette is worth it if you want a shimmery glow. If you do not want all three shades, makeup revolution sells each of these shades separately.

Pros

  • Super pigmented so only a little is needed
  • Creamy feel
  • Finely milled
  • Doesn't have a powdery pick up
  • Colour is buildable
  • More shimmery than glittery
  • Mirror included
  • Three shades
  • Sturdy packaging 

Where to purchase?

Makeup Revolution vivid baked highlighter- peach lights rrp: £3.00

This is a cool toned pink with a slight metallic/silvery shimmer. Out of all the highlighters, I think this gives the most subtle colour on the cheekbones which I love. The product is finely milled so you do not find yourself with a massive patch of glitter which makes the Makeup Revolution highlighters one of my favourite drugstore highlighters.

Pros

  • Creamy feel 
  • Finely milled
  • Doesn't have a powdery pick up
  • Colour is buildable
  • More shimmery than glittery (my personal preference)
  • Packaging contains a lot of product
  • Clear lid to see the colour of the product
  • Sturdy packaging
  • Cheap only cost £3.00

Where to purchase?

From the top to the bottom
  • Peach lights
  • Pink lights
  • Golden lights

How to apply highlight?


I love to go in with my real techniques setting brush to apply either of the makeup revolution highlighters onto the tops of my cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose and on my brow bone. Sometime if I want to go for a more subtle glow, I will use my morphe M134 brush to apply the highlight down my nose and on my brow bone as the brush is the perfect size for these areas. You can highlight on your cupids bow however I choose not to because I have a prominent cupids bow so I do not want to add anymore attraction towards it. 
I use sweeping motions to apply my highlighter so the product can be distributed evenly onto my skin. If I want a more intense highlight, I will dab the product onto my skin then use sweeping motions to blend the highlight out. I will go in with my Spectrum Collection's No 1 fan brush to blend my highlight out and I love this brush because the fanned bristles really help sweep the product seamlessly onto the skin.
If you have any suggestions on good highlighting brushes, feel free to leave a comment in the comment section.


Where to purchase the real techniques setting brush? rrp:£5.27

Where to purchase the spectrum collections No 1 fan brush? rrp: £9.99

Where to purchase the spectrum collections feeling fancy brush rrp: £4.99? aka (smaller than the No 1 fan brush)

Where to purchase the morphe M134 rrp:£1.99




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. makeup revolution are bomb, such lovely shades!! :D
    and those brushes are gorgreous (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yas!!! and their prices are so affordable too 😊

      Delete

Feel free to leave any comments about my posts (hopefully nice ones) or any suggestions that you would like

Newsletter

Subscribe Our Newsletter

Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig